This scrumptious tart is made from the winning combination of juicy peaches and ground almonds.
- 375g packet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 100g (4oz) ground almonds
- 45ml (3tbsp) caster sugar
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 40g (11/2oz) butter, melted
- 40g (11/2oz) demerara sugar
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 5 large peaches, halved, stoned and cut into wedges
Preheat the oven to 220°C, 425°F, Gas 7. Unroll the pastry and trim the edges with a sharp knife. Place on a damp baking sheet and prick all over with the prongs of a fork.
Beat together the ground almonds, caster sugar and egg and spread over the pastry, leaving a 2cm (3/4in) border on all sides.
Mix together the butter, demerara sugar and lemon juice in a large bowl and add the peach wedges. Toss the wedges gently to coat in the butter and sugar then scatter over the top of the almond mixture.
Bake for 20-25 mins until the pastry is crisp and golden brown. Allow to cool for about 10 mins before slicing.