Grilled goat’s cheese, olives and juicy tomatoes make this Mediterranean pasta dish the perfect vegetarian dinner for two.
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges, leaves pulled apart
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 200g (7oz) fresh penne
- 100g (3½oz) Somerset goat's cheese, sliced in half
- 2-4 vine tomatoes, halved
- A handful of small flat-leaf parsley leaves
- About 1 tbsp small Spanish black olives
- Good pinch of dried red chilli flakes
Put the onion in a pan with the olive oil and 2 tablespoons water. Season and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook for 5 minutes, until onion is softened.
Meanwhile, set the grill to high. Cook the pasta for 4 minutes in salted boiling water.
Grill the goat’s cheese and the tomatoes on a sturdy baking sheet until they start to brown.
Mix the onions into the drained pasta with the parsley and olives. Divide between 2 hot bowls, and place the goat’s cheese on top, along with the tomatoes. Sprinkle with chilli flakes and black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
Use dried pasta, if you like, and cook according to pack instructions.