High in flavour but low in fat! Try these pork meatballs and a refreshing salsa as a healthy family dinner – it’s got less than 10g fat per serving!
- For the meatballs:
- 300g lean minced pork
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 level tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and ground black pepper
- For the salsa:
- 200g carton ready-prepared mango
- 110g carton ready-prepared pomegranate seeds
- Freshly zested rind of 1 lime, plus 2 tbsp juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Pitta breads, warmed, to serve
Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
To make the meatballs: Mix together all the ingredients. Divide mixture into 12 and roll each portion into a ball. Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 mins.
Meanwhile, to make the salsa: Finely chop mango and stir in pomegranate, lime zest and juice and coriander, and mix well.
Serve 3-4 meatballs per person with the pitta bread and salsa.
The shaped meatballs can be frozen in a plastic container for up to 1 month. Defrost before baking.