A casserole of lamb and potatoes cooked in the oven. This one-pot meal is hearty, suitable for the whole family and so easy to cook.
- 500g (1lb) boneless shoulder of lamb, trimmed of fat, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tsp Season-All (we used Schwartz)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 2 tbs fresh rosemary leaves, stripped from the stalk
- 2 red onions, peeled and each cut into 8 wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1kg (2¼lb) potatoes, peeled and cut into
- 7.5cm (3in) chunks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into 8 wedges
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 litre (5 pint) casserole dish
Set the oven to Gas Mark 5 or 190°C. Put the meat into the casserole dish and sprinkle over the Season-All, seasoning, oregano and rosemary leaves.
Add the red onions, garlic, potatoes, pepper, lemon juice and 150ml (¼ pint) water. Cover with a well-fitting lid. Cook for 3 hrs until the meat is really tender.
You can use 2 lamb shanks instead of the lamb shoulder, if you like.