The chorizo in this recipe is a kind of Portugese spicy sausage, and it adds a real fiery flavour to the meal.
- 800g potatoes e.g. Maris Piper, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 110g pack chorizo sausage, roughly chopped
- 400g jar tomato pasta sauce
- ½ tsp hot chilli powder
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 50g black olives, sliced
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
Place the potatoes in a pan, cover with boiling water, add a little salt, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion and chorizo for 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients except parsley. Bring to the boil, stirring and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the potatoes to the sauce and stir until evenly coated. Sprinkle over the parsley to serve.