Perk up afternoon tea with this dill and paprika prawn spread - great on Melba toast.
- 50g can anchovies, drained125g (4oz) butter
- 200g (7oz) cooked prawns, chopped (defrosted if frozen)
- 1-2tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Pinch of paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sprigs of dill and lemon slices, to serve
- Melba toast, to serve
- 4 small dishes
Reserve 4 anchovies and finely chop the rest.
Gently melt the butter in a pan and stir in the prawns, chopped anchovies, dill and paprika. Season to taste then divide the mixture between 4 small dishes and spoon over any remaining butter.
Cut the reserved anchovies into thin strips and lay them over the top of the prawns. Chill the dishes until the butter sets.
Allow the prawns to come to room temperature and garnish with sprigs of dill and lemon slices before serving with Melba toast.