This healthy, curry-based noodle dish from South-East Asia only takes 25 minutes to prepare. Brilliant!
- 200g (7oz) medium egg noodles
- 2tbsp red curry paste
- 400ml (14fl oz) reduced-fat coconut milk
- 400ml (14fl oz) chicken stock
- 1 stick lemon grass, split in half (optional)
- 150g (5½ oz) mangetout, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced (optional)
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 chopped red chilli (optional)
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1tsp soy sauce
- 300g (10½ oz) cooked prawns
- 2 limes
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Mint for garnish (optional)
Cook the egg noodles according to packet instructions. Drain, refresh in running water and set aside.
Place the curry paste, coconut milk, stock and lemon grass in a pan and bring to the boil. Whisk, then reduce to a simmer. Add the mangetout, spring onions, red pepper, optional chopped chilli, fish sauce and soy sauce, and cook for 5 mins.
Add the prawns, noodles and the juice of one lime and heat through. Sprinkle coriander over the top and serve with the remaining lime, cut into wedges and optional mint as garnish.
Top tip for making Prawn laksa
You can swap the prawns for slices of chicken or duck breast if you prefer.