Triple tested: This easy curry is so tasty you’ll want to cook it every Friday night! And it'll taste better than your local takeaway, we promise. Brought to you by Essentials magazine
- 3tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 400g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6tbsp tikka masala curry paste
- 1⁄2tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 2x400g tins chopped tomatoes
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- Juice of 1⁄2lemon
- 400g raw, peeled king prawns, defrosted if frozen
- 150g pot soured cream
Heat the oil in a large wok or pan. Add the onion, garlic and potatoes, and cook for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the curry paste and chilli powder, if using, and fry for a further minute, then mix in tomatoes, 1⁄2 the coriander, lemon juice and simmer for 10-15 mins, until thick.
Add prawns and simmer for 5 mins until cooked through. Stir through soured cream and remaining coriander before serving.