We all want to eat healthily, but what can sometimes put us off is the faff around cooking up a nutritious meal. Well this quick Quorn lunch bowl says it all in the name. It takes no time to make, uses easy ingredients and still gives you all the healthy goodness you would want for a light lunch. Plus is absolutely delicious! This quick Quorn lunch bowl is a healthy low-fat dish of Quorn, bean and spinach soup. And a big plus? It is made from frozen foods meaning you can make it anytime without having to head out to the shop to buy fresh ingredients. Perfect for those late-minute weeknight dinners when you realise a bit too late that you've got nothing in. Plus it's just as nutritious and tasty as using fresh foods and just as quick to prepare. This dish serves around 3-4 people and will take only 20 mins to rustle up making it the perfect option for a speedy lunch or light dinner. The Quorn in this recipe works wonders with the Thai infused stock as well as the veggies too. This dish works out at only 161 calories per serving and 2g of fat making it a low-fat option. Check out our collection for more easy Quorn recipes.
- 350ml (12fl oz) frozen chicken or vegetable stock, home-made or ready-made
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin (rice wine)
- 2 tsp freshly grated, or frozen prepared, ginger
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 frozen fillets of Quorn, cut into thin strips (taken from a 312g pack of 6 frozen fillets)
- 100g (3½oz) frozen green beans, cut into short strips
- 2-3 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 180g sachet frozen, pre-cooked basmati rice (taken from 720g pack of 4 sachets)
- About 60g (2oz) frozen leaf spinach (4 chunks)
- 1 tbsp chopped frozen coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- Garlic bread, to serve
Heat the stock in a pan with the fish or soy sauce, mirin, ginger, and sugar. Bring to the boil for a few mins. Add the Quorn strips and beans. Bring back to simmer for 4 mins.
Add the spring onions, rice and spinach and cook for another couple of mins. Stir in the coriander and enough lime juice, to taste. Serve with garlic bread; if frozen, bake or grill according to pack instructions. Or toast frozen bread and spread with garlic butter.
Top tip for making Quick Quorn lunch bowl
Use chicken, if you like, but it must be thawed well. Thaw stock a little in the microwave first.