The ultimate summer pudding. Use sweet British strawberries while they're in season to make this classic dessert.
- 340g (12oz) frozen sweet puff pastry, thawed
- 200g (7oz) strawberries (approx 17-18 strawberries), halved
- 250g (9oz) tub of mascarpone cheese
- 250ml (8floz) tub of crème fraiche
- 50g caster sugar
- 4tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 2tbsp amaretto liqueur (optional)
Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4
Roll out pastry to line a 23cm (9in) fluted flan/tart tin or ring and bake blind for 15-20 mins until pastry is golden brown. Allow to cool.
Combine mascarpone and crème fraiche and stir through caster sugar. Then stir in liqueur if desired. Place in fridge to chill for 10 mins.
Spread cheese-crème mixture in tart case and arrange halved strawberries on top to cover.
Melt redcurrant jelly in microwave or in saucepan and then rush liberally over strawberries and cheese-crème mix to give a glaze.