Wonderful, healthy comfort food that the whole family will love, this Spanish-style veggie casserole is packed with goodness. Inspired by a classic sausage casserole.
- 2 tbsp Spanish olive oil
- 1 pack of Quorn sausages cut in to slices on the diagonal
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper and 1 green pepper, diced
- 100g sweetcorn
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 100ml sherry
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin broad beans or cannelleni beans drained
- 150ml/¼ pt vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and brown the slices of sausage until lightly browned. Using the remaining oil, fry the onions and garlic until softened, add the peppers to the pan and continue frying. Add a little water if necessary to prevent sticking. Stir in the sweetcorn, paprika and chilli powder and cook for a few minutes. Stir in the sherry.
Add the tomatoes, beans and stock. Return the sausages to the pan and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, and scatter over the chopped parsley.