On a diet but still crave desserts? Try this lower-fat raspberry meringue crush. Made with quark and skimmed milk, these tasty little puds will soon be a firm favourtie
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 4 tablespons skimmed milk
- few drops vanilla extract
- 250g carton quark
- 150g (5oz) frozen raspberries, plus a few extra for decoration
- A few crushed meringue shells
Stir the icing sugar, milk and a few drops vanilla extract into the carton of quark. Stir in the frozen raspberries and leave for a few minutes for the raspberries to start to defrost.
Layer the raspberry mixture up with crushed meringues and decorate with a few extra raspberries.
This recipe uses frozen raspberries which are often cheaper than fresh ones. If you prefer, you can substitute them for fresh ones.