This healthy dish is great for all the family – packed full of omega 3s it makes a great light meal for summer.
- 4 x 175g (6oz) Pieces of Cod fillet, skinned1 Lemon, rind and juice of
- 50g (1 3/4oz) Butter, melted
- 75g (2 3/4oz) Fresh white breadcrumbs
- 60ml (6 tbsn) Finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 700g (1lb 9oz) Floury potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 150ml (1/4pt) Milk
Place the fish in a shallow ovenproof dish and pour over the lemon juice
Mix together the breadcrumbs with half of the parsley, lemon rind and seasoning. Stir in the melted butter.
Press the bread crumbed mixture over the fish to form a crust, and cook for 15-20 mins.
Meanwhile cook the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 20 mins or until tender then drain.
Heat the milk to boiling point then pour over the potatoes and mash until smooth.
Stir in the remaining parsley and lemon rind and season to taste.
Serve the fish on the mash immediately.
Instead of cod use fish of your choice, for example salmon. Dill can be used instead of parsley.