This Greek-style pasta dish is perfect for vegetarians – but you could mix in some shredded roast chicken to turn it into a tasty chicken pasta salad.
- 3 red peppers, halved and deseeded
- 3 yellow peppers, halved and deseeded
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 500g (1lb 2oz) pasta shapes
- 125g (4½ oz) kalamata olives
- Good handful roughly-torn basil leaves
- 200g pack feta cheese, crumbled
- For the dressing:
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Put the peppers in a large roasting tin, drizzle with the oil, scatter over the garlic and season well. Roast in a preheated oven at 220°C (425°F, gas mark 7) for 30 mins until lightly charred. Keep the garlic to one side and put the peppers in a food bag. When cooled, peel and thickly slice.
Cook the pasta according to packet instructions until al dente (firm to the bite). Drain and cool under running water and set to one side.
To make the dressing, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves from their skins and mash with a fork. Whisk in all the dressing ingredients and season to taste.
Combine the pasta and peppers with the olives and drizzle over the dressing. Stir through the basil and feta cheese just before you’re ready to serve.
Top tip for making Roast pepper, olive and feta pasta salad
Top tip: You can make this salad a couple of hours ahead of time. Allow to stand at room temperature for 30 mins before serving.