Once you start nibbling this lemon-flavoured halloumi, it’s very difficult to stop!
- 2 x 250g packs halloumi, thickly sliced
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 2 aubergines, sliced
- 2 yellow peppers, thickly sliced
- 2 red peppers, thickly sliced
- 3 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- For the carb fix:
- Cook 300g penne according to instructions and combine with the vegetables. Top with halloumi and serve.
Preheat oven to Mark 6, 200°C, 390°F. Place the halloumi in a bowl, drizzle with the lemon zest and juice and 1tbsp of the oil. Season well with black pepper. Place the remaining ingredients, except tomatoes, in a roasting tin. Season and combine well. Roast for 30 mins until charred – add the tomatoes in the last 10 mins.
Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan until almost smoking. Sear the halloumi for 2 mins each side. Spread veg over the rocket, top with the halloumi and remaining marinade.