This baked butternut squash, topped with Camembert cheese, is delicious on its own or as a side dish, great for Halloween or Bonfire Night.
- 2 small butternut squashes, halved and seeds removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 150g (5oz) Camembert cheeses, halved horizontally
- 8 cherry tomatoes on the vine
Set the oven to 200°C (gas mark 6). Put the squash into a roasting tin and season well. Sprinkle with the garlic, nutmeg and a few thyme sprigs, and drizzle with oil. Roast for 1 hr until the flesh is just tender.
Place each Camembert half in the squash cavity, and top with more thyme sprigs and a few tomatoes.
Roast for 10 mins until the cheese has melted and the tomatoes are beginning to char.