A cunning alternative to cooking with pastry, this delicious loaf works as a main course – and brilliantly in a buffet
- 1 x 400g (14oz) round loaf
- 2 tbsp fresh pesto
- 400g can pimentos, drained and quartered
- ½ x 340g jar roasted artichoke hearts in oil, drained
- ½ x 330g jar roasted
- Mushrooms in oil, drained
- 150g (5oz) mozzarella, drained and finely sliced
Remove the top from the loaf and cut out the centre, leaving a solid shell.
Brush the insides and the top with pesto. Layer the vegetables with mozzarella slices. Replace the top, wrap in clingfilm and place on a plate with another plate on top. Chill for 2 to 4 hours.
Remove the plates and clingfilm and slice.
Don't forget to use the bread you cut out to make breadcrumbs.