Jazz up your sumer bbq with these gorgeous rosemary and lamb burgers from Woman's Weekly magazine. This recipe has been triple tested in our sister magazine's kitchens to make sure it works every time. The mango salsa gives it a lovely tang that the kids will love. Give it a go this summer
- For the burgers:
- 500g (1lb) minced lamb1 level tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
- Salt and ground black pepper
- For the salsa:
- 1 mango, stoned and peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- Zested rind and juice 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- To serve:
- 4 seeded rolls, or chunks of bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
To make the burgers: Mix together the lamb and rosemary with plenty of seasoning. Shape the mixture into 4 oval or round burgers, to fit the shape of the bread rolls. Chill the burgers until ready to cook.
To make the salsa: Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl, season and cover. Leave for at least 15 mins before serving to allow flavours to blend.
Cook the burgers for 10-15 mins, turning them once. Cut the rolls or bread in half and brush the oil over the cut surfaces. Place cut-side down on the grill for 2-3 mins.
Place a cooked burger on one half of a roll or chunk of bread, top with salsa and then cover with the other roll half.