This salmon cakes dish is the perfect dish if you want to introduce more fish into your diet - very tasty and the kids will love them too.
- 450g ready-made mashed potato
- 400g can salmon, drained with skin and bones removed
- Zest 2 lemons
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 6tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 100g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- Sunflower oil for frying
Combine the mash, salmon, lemon zest and juice, spring onions, parsley and Parmesan. Season with black pepper and shape into eight patties. Dip each in the egg, then coat in breadcrumbs.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the fish cakes and fry in batches for 4-5 mins on each side until crisp. Serve with French fries and a green salad.