Low-fat and delicious, these salmon fillets with vegetable pasta are great for slimmers.
- 100g pasta shapes, such as rigatoni
- Pinch of salt
- 150g broccoli, broken into small florets
- 100g fine green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced
- 4 x 100g salmon fillets
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 100g frozen garden peas, thawed
- 500g jar original tomato pasta sauce
Pre-heat the grill.
Cook the pasta shapes in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 mins, or according to pack instructions. At the same time, cook the broccoli, green beans and leek in a little boiling water until just tender, for about 5 mins.
Meanwhile, arrange the salmon fillets on the grill rack. Sprinkle them with lemon juice, season with black pepper and sprinkle with half the chopped chives.
Grill for 6-8 mins, or until the flesh is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Drain the pasta and vegetables then return them to the saucepan with the peas. Stir in the jar of pasta sauce and heat, stirring gently for 2-3 mins.
Share the pasta between 4 warmed serving plates or bowls and top with a fillet of salmon. Sprinkle with the remaining chives and serve immediately.
Swap the lemon juice in this recipe for orange juice to give the salmon a different flavour.