An unusual use for lettuce
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 Little Gem lettuces, shredded
- 150ml (1/4pt) vegetable stock
- 225g (8oz) frozen peas
- 450g (1lb) piece salmon fillet, cut into 12 thin strips
- 15ml (1tbsp) fresh parsley. chopped
- 15g (1/2oz) butter
- Squeeze of lemon juice
Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and fry the shallot for 2-3 mins until softened. Stir in the lettuce and cook for 1 min, then add the stock and peas. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and simmer for 2-3 mins.
Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the salmon strips for 1-2 mins on each side until golden.
Stir the parsley, butter and lemon juice into the lettuce and peas and divide between four serving bowls. Top with the salmon and serve immediately.