Give good old jacket potatoes a Mexican kick with this tasty chilli con carne filling and a colourful tomato salsa topping.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 x 500g jar mild or medium chilli con carne sauce
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°C (gas mark 6). Put the potatoes on to the top shelf in the oven and bake for 1 hr, or until tender.
While the potatoes are cooking, heat a large frying pan and add the minced beef, a handful at a time, cooking it until seared and browned. Tip in the jar of chilli con carne sauce, stir well, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 mins.
Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing together the red onion, tomatoes, cucumber, celery and parsley. Season.
Split open the jacket potatoes and fill them with the chilli mixture. Spoon the salsa on top, then serve at once.