Use up leftover lasagne mince to fill these jacket potatoes and add a Mexican kick with a colourful tomato salsa topping.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- Approx. 700g leftover mince
- 1 x 500g jar mild or medium chilli con carne sauce (optional)
- For the salsa
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°C (gas mark 6). Put the potatoes on to the top shelf in the oven and bake for 1hr, or until tender.
While the potatoes are cooking, heat a large frying pan and add the mince, a handful at a time, until the entire batch has been thoroughly heated. Add a few tablespoons of chilli con carne sauce if you wish.
Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing together the red onion, tomatoes, cucumber, celery and parsley. Season.
Split open the jacket potatoes and fill them with the mince mixture. Spoon the salsa on top, then serve at once.
Top tip for making Salsa-baked potatoes with chilli
We’ve used this recipe in our credit crunch meal planner. Click here to go back to week 3 of the planner.