This hearty dish with flavoursome bangers, chicken, bacon and herbs is perfect for a family dinner.
- 6bangers (e.g Original, Oxford, Suffolk ale and herb or English sage and onion)
- 50g diced smoked bacon pieces
- 2 smoked chicken breasts
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bay cloves garlic - crushed leaf
- 1 small tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1tin of cooked butter beans
- 2tbsp breadcrumbs
- 50ml duck fat
- 1tsp of finely chopped parsley
Gently fry the bacon pieces in the duck fat. Add the onions, carrots, garlic and herbs. Cook for 2 mins.
Add chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil. Drain the beans and add to the tomato mix. Season well.
Place the mix in an earthenware pot. Colour the bangers on one side and place into the bean mix, coloured side downwards.
Cut chicken breasts into half and place into the bean mix as well. Bake at 180°C for 15 mins.
Serving suggestion: Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and gently colour under a hot grill. Finish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.