Meatballs and spaghetti makes a great family meal - and you can whip the whole lot up in just 25 minutes. Brilliant!
- 6 free-range pork and leek sausages
- A little olive oil (for frying)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 small courgettes, chopped into small pieces
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 700g jar passata (smooth tomato sauce you can buy from supermarkets, or make your own by passing tomatoes through a blender or mill)
- 2tbsp fresh or 1-2tsp dried oregano
- Dash of Worcester sauce
- 375g (13oz) spaghetti
Squeeze the meat from the sausage cases and roll into small balls. Fry in batches in a little olive oil until brown, then set aside.
Fry the onion and courgettes for 5 mins or until softened. Stir in the crushed garlic and fry for a further minute before adding the passata, oregano and Worcester sauce.
Cook over a medium heat for 5 mins, then add the meatballs and cook for a further 5 mins, stirring occasionally, or until the meatballs are warmed through.
Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain, then stir into the meatball sauce. Serve immediately.
Top tip for making Sausage meatballs
To encourage the kids to eat their greens, we've hidden the courgette in our sauce!