Try something different with your bangers and serve them with Woman’s Weekly’s seasonal mashed potatoes, parsnips and apples – delicious!
- 8 Lincolnshire sausages
- 400g (14oz) potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400g (14oz) parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cooking apples, peeled, quartered, cored and chopped
- 100ml (3½oz) milk
- 50g (1¾oz) butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼tsp ground nutmeg
- 3tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 4tsp cranberry and caramelised red onion chutney (eg, Baxters Cranberry & Caramelised Red Onion Chutney)
- 1 eating apple, sliced horizontally, to serve (optional)
- 4 flat-leaf parsley sprigs, to serve (optional)
Set oven to 200°C or gas mark 6. Line a roasting tin with a non-stick Teflon sheet. Separate sausages and arrange in the tin. Roast for 30 mins (turning once), until brown.
Meanwhile, put the potatoes, parsnips and apples into a pan of salted water. Cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins.
Drain potatoes. Return to pan. Keep heat on gently to dry out potatoes for 1 min. Add milk and butter. Turn off heat. Mash apples, potatoes and parsnips until smooth.
Season and stir in nutmeg and parsley. Serve potatoes with sausages, and cranberry and caramelised red onion chutney.
Pan-fry apple slices in a nonstick pan for 1 min, turn and cook until golden. Add slices to plates, and garnish with a sprig of parsley, if you like.
Top tip for making Sausages with parsnip apple mash
Stop sausages stickingto the roasting tin byusing a Teflon-coatednon-stick sheet. Rinseand reuse to save timescrubbing. Alternatively,use non-stick baking paper.