These unusual pancake-style scones mix the sweetness of bananas with the savoury taste of soft cheese and herbs – delicious!
- For the
- 2 large, very green bananas, peeled and mashed
- 25g onion, very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic (optional), crushed
- A pinch of dry oregano
- A pinch of dry thyme
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 free range egg, beaten
- Oil for frying, as required
- 1 small pack vegetarian Philadelphia-style soft cheese
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- Handful of fresh chives, chopped
Make the cream cheese and chive topping by mixing the soft cheese with a little milk and fresh chopped chives, to a thick, pouring consistency.
Mix the remaining ingredients together to make the scones.
Heat the oil, then drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and fry until set.
Serve piping hot with lashings of the cream cheese and chives topping.