A real Caledonian classic, this salad works beautifully with fresh Aberdeen Angus steak.
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 450g (1lb) British new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 courgette, cut into chunks
- 450g (1lb) Aberdeen Angus rump steak, cut into strips
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Heat the oil in a roasting tin then add the potatoes, onion, pepper and courgette and season well. Roast for 30 minutes.
Toss the beef in the balsamic vinegar and add to the roast vegetables. Mix well and continue to cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until the beef is cooked to your taste.
Adjust the seasoning, allow to cool slightly then serve.