Simple and quick to make, follow Slimming World’s recipe to make this classic risotto. No complicated cooking needed here, just pop this in the oven and enjoy a delicious bacon and cherry tomato risotto an hour later.
With courgettes and cherry tomatoes, this extra easy Slimming World recipe also helps you reach your 5-a-day, keeping you healthy while also helping you get slimmer. This recipe serves 4 people, which means the whole family can enjoy tucking into this for dinner together. You could also keep leftovers for lunch for the week – this dish will keep in the fridge in a Tupperware for a few days.
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g lean bacon, all visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 baby courgettes, sliced
- 300g dried risotto rice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives or dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 700ml boiling hot vegetable or chicken stock
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
Place the tomatoes, bacon, onion, courgettes, rice and chopped herbs in a medium-sized baking dish. Season well.
Pour in the hot stock, stir to mix well and cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour until the rice is just tender.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Top tip for making Slimming World’s bacon and tomato risotto
Serve with broccoli on the side for an extra healthy dose of vitamins