Hearty and warming, Slimming World’s chicken soup is really simple to make. Packed full of flavours, this is comfort food at its best. It’s a guilt-free lunch or light dinner that takes under an hour to rustle up. Serve with crusty bread.
- 25g margarine, such as Flora Light
- 1 large white onion, peeled and chopped
- 25g plain flour
- 900ml chicken stock
- 1 leek, trimmed and chopped
- ¼ cabbage, chopped
- ½ small cauliflower, chopped
- 250g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 225g cooked skinless and boneless chicken breast, chopped
- chopped fresh chives, to garnish
Melt the margarine in a saucepan then stir in the onions. Add the flour and gradually pour in the stock.
Add the vegetables and simmer for 30 minutes until cooked through.
Place the soup in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, then pass through a fine sieve.
Season to taste, then add the milk and chopped chicken.
Warm for 10 minutes to heat through and serve sprinkled with chives.
Top tip for making Slimming World’s chicken soup
If you have leftovers store them in an airtight Tupperware container or plastic sandwich bag in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat thoroughly before serving.