A tasty, healthy curry in under an hour? Sounds too good to be true! This easy recipe from Slimming World lets you enjoy your curry without having to worry about the calories.
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 tsp each of ground coriander, paprika, ground ginger and chilli powder
- 454g/1lb lamb steak, all visible fat removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 x 2.5cm/1in pieces of cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods
- 3 cloves
- 198ml/7fl oz chicken stock
- 2 tsp artificial sweetener
- a small handful fresh coriander, chopped steamed mangetout, to serve
Fry the onion and garlic in low calorie cooking spray until soft. Add all the powdered spices and fry for 1 minute (add a little water if it gets too dry).
Add the lamb, tomatoes, bay leaf, cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods, cloves, stock and sweetener and simmer for 30-35 minutes until reduced.
Remove the bay leaf and cinnamon sticks. Stir in the chopped coriander and serve immediately with freshly steamed mangetout.