The perfect dish for mushroom lovers, this oriental-style stir-fry is packed full of goodness and goes perfectly with rice or egg noodles
- 500g mixed Oriental mushrooms (eg chestnut, enoki, king oyster, shiitake), wiped clean and sliced, if large
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2.5cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 baby pak choi, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Spray a large non-stick wok with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
When hot, add half of the mushrooms and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until turning golden and softened a little. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate and set aside while you stir-fry the rest. Remove and add to the other mushrooms on the plate.
Wipe out the wok with kitchen paper and re-spray with low calorie cooking spray.
Add the shallot and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the pak choi and a splash of water and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until the stalks are beginning to soften.
Return the mushrooms to the pan, along with the vinegar, soy sauce and spring onions and stir-fry for 1 minute, until heated through.
Season to taste and serve immediately with some rice or egg noodles.
Add chicken to this stir-fry for extra protein