Serve up a slice of sunshine with this Spanish-inspired omelette of potatoes, onions and peppers. Perfect for dinners, lunches and snacks, it’s equally delicious served hot or cold
- 700g potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 2tbsp freshly chopped 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper and 1 large red pepper, halved, deseeded and finely chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place the sliced potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil, cook for 3 minutes and then drain well.
Place the onion, peppers and garlic in a saucepan and pour over 275ml of water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes, again drain well.
Spray a deep medium-sized frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and heat until hot. Add the potato slices, onions and peppers – mix well.
Season the eggs and pour into the pan, packing the vegetables firmly together. Lower the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes until the base is set.
Place the tortilla under a preheated medium-hot grill and cook until golden and set. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the parsley before cutting into wedges to serve.
Top tip for making Slimming World’s Spanish-style tortilla
Cook up extra and save for lunchboxes the next day