Swap cocktail sausage for these meaty bites, they’re packed full of flavour and they’re ready in less than 30 minutes. Taken from Slimming World’s summer plan, they’re better for you than you might think
- 800g extra lean minced beef
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ an apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 6-8tbsp of finely chopped dill
- 4tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Grated lemon zest and chopped parsley, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
Place the mince, spring onions, apple, garlic, lemon zest and chopped herbs in a bowl and, using your fingers, mix until well combined. Season well and shape into walnut-sized balls.
Spray a large ovenproof frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
Add the meatballs and gently stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve warm, garnished with lemon zest and chopped parsley, or allow to cool then pack in an airtight container for a sunny picnic.
Serve this up with some salad and low calorie dressing for a really healthy and light summer dinner