This mouthwatering Slimming World salmon, asparagus and potato frittata is really simple to make using only a handful of ingredients. It serves 4 people and only takes 30 minutes to cook. The asparagus and salmon make one delicious combination. Try smoked salmon for an even more intense flavour.
- 500g floury potatoes, such as Desiree or King Edward, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 6 eggs
- 4 skinless and boneless salmon fillets, cut into small cubes
- 411g can cut green asparagus spears in water, drained and cut into bite-size lengths
- A small handful of fresh chives, finely snipped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 500g green beans, trimmed and steamed, to serve
Boil the potatoes for 6-8 minutes, or until just tender, then drain. Meanwhile, lightly beat the eggs and stir in the salmon, asparagus, chives, onion, and seasoning, then add the cooked potatoes.
Place a large ovenproof frying pan sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray over a low heat. Pour in the egg mixture and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until it is starting to set. Preheat your grill to medium-high.
Grill the frittata for 4-5 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through. Serve with green beans.
Top tip for making Slimming World’s salmon, asparagus and potato frittata
You could swap the salmon fillets for white fillets of fish instead like cod or haddock