Slimming World's slow cooked lamb navarin is guilt-free comfort food at it's finest. This dish is what we would call lamb stew with a twist. Made with tender cut of lamb and chunky vegetables slowly cooked in a stock flavoured with cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves and mixed herbs - it doesn't get tastier than this! This slow-cooked recipe will take around 8hrs to cook and serves 4 people. Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat thoroughly before serving.
- 900g lean lamb fillets or leg steaks, all visible fat removed
- 200g baby carrots, peeled and halved
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 baby courgettes, halved lengthways and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves
- 200ml lamb stock
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, to garnish
Place all the ingredients into the slow cooker pot, season and stir.
Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on the medium setting, or until the meat is tender.
Remove the cinnamon sticks and bay leaves and serve garnished with chopped parsley.
Top tip for making Slimming World’s slow cooked lamb navarin
If you want to use a different meat we'd recommend beef or pork.