Slimming World's steak and Guinness pies make the perfect supper for St Patrick's Day...
You can enjoy Slimming World's steak and Guinness pies with sprout mash guilt-free, thanks to the light puff pastry and all the fresh veggies packed inside each pie.Slimming World's steak and Guinness pies is filled with tender chunks of steak and a rich Guinness-infused gravy which makes each mouthful taste incredible. Serve Slimming World's steak and Guinness pies with homemade mash packed with sprouts and watch these tasty pies disappear in no time...
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 600g fillet steak, all visible fat removed, cut into small chunks
- 400g button mushrooms, quartered
- 200g celeriac, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 200g small shallots, peeled
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- A small handful of fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 200ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp Guinness
- 1 level tbsp gravy granules
- 100g Jus-Rol Light Puff Pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- For the mash:
- 800g floury potatoes, such as Desiree or King Edward, peeled and roughly chopped
- 400g Brussel sprouts, finely shredded
- 100ml hot vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat your oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas mark 7. Place a large, heavy-based frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a high heat. Add the steak and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes, until browned.
Add the mushrooms, celeriac, shallots, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, stock, Guinness and gravy granules and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
Remove from the heat and divide the mixture between 4 deep, oval pie dishes, each about 12 cm long.
Roll out the pastry and cut out 4 lids to fit the pie dishes. Brush the rims of the dishes with water, cover the pies with the pastry lids and press down with a fork. Brush each lid with the beaten egg. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until risen and golden.
Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 12-15 minutes, or until tender, adding the sprouts for the last 5 minutes. Drain, return to the pan and add the stock. Season and mash well then serve immediately
Top tip for making Slimming World’s steak and Guinness pies with sprout mash
Swap the steak for lamb instead - just adjust the cooking time accordingly