This delicious, thick and creamy soup – tender haddock and salmon combined with potato, sweetcorn and celery – is a meal in itself. And it’s super quick and easy to make, too
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 litre (1¾ pints) milk
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2tbsp instant thickening granules (eg, McDougalls)
- 2 x 125g (4oz) smoked haddock fillets, skinned
- 2 x 125g (4oz) salmon fillets, skinned
- 300g (10oz) frozen sweetcorn
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Heat oil in a large pan. Add the onion and celery and cook gently for 5 mins until softened. Pour in the milk, add the potato and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 mins. Stir in thickening granules.
Add the smoked haddock, salmon and sweetcorn. Simmer for 7 mins until the fish is just tender. Season. Sprinkle with parsley before serving, if you like.
If you don’t have thickening granules, you can use 2tbsp cornflour mixed with a little water.