Asparagus is low in cholesterol and contains no calories, making it one of the healthiest veg around- combined with smoked salmon, this dish is guaranteed to leave you feeling great!
- 1 x 500g block shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 2 packs asparagus spear tips, blanched and cooled.
- 250g (9oz) smoked salmon (use a pack of trimmings as the salmon needs to be in small pieces)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 x 248ml tub soured cream
- 125ml (4fl oz) milk
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Black pepper and grated nutmeg
- Few fronds of dill, if desired
Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 5. Have ready 8 individual tart tins.
Divide pastry into 8 equal portions and use to line each tart tin, place on a baking sheet and bake blind for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile beat together eggs, cream, milk and seasonings and cut or tear salmon into pieces.
After 10 mins, remove tray from oven and remove baking beans and paper from cases.
Divide the asparagus spears and salmon pieces between the cases, gently pour over the egg mixture and return to oven and bake for 15 -18 mins or until pastry is golden and custard set.