A wonderful summer salad with a rich, tangy mustard dressing. Perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into ribbons
- 1 bunch spring onions, shredded
- 1 small yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 200g smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- For the low fat dressing:
- 100ml buttermilk
- 1tbsp Dijion mustard
- 1tbsp clear honey
- 2tbsp flat-leaf parsley
Combine the dressing ingredients, season well and set aside in the fridge until needed.
Divide the cucumber, watercress, spring onion and pepper among four plates. Top with the salmon and place a wedge of lemon on the side. Serve drizzled with the dressing
Top tip for making Smoked salmon salad with Dijon honey dressing
If fat isn't an issue, use double cream instead of buttermilk.