Have dinner on the table in 20 mins with this simple recipe. The olives and chilli give this pasta dish a deep warming flavour – an all round winner
- 320g spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 fresh chilli, finely diced
- 500f chicken breast, cut into 2cm cubes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30 green olives, pitted and halved
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
Fill a large stockpot with salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Add the pasta and stir often. Cook until al dente for 8-10 minutes, but check packet instructions.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat, add the garlic and the chilli and cook for 1 minute.
Season the chicken with salt and fresh black pepper and add it to the pan; cook it with the chilli and garlic for around 6 minutes. Now add the green olives.
Drain the pasta into a colander, and place it in the saucepan and mix well. Add the lemon zest and juice and stir. Add the parsley and serve immediately.
Don't like green olives? You can always use black olives - or none at all!