Try this Spanish-style summer seafood dish of pan-fried prawns with garlic, fresh fennel and cherry tomatoes with sherry and parsley. Perfect for a tapas party!
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thinly
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 500g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 5tbsp manzanilla sherry
- 1tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 10-15 large raw prawns, peeled, leaving tail shell on
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Bread, to serve
Heat the oil in a large, shallow pan. Add the garlic, fennel and parsley stalks and fry gently for 12-15 mins until tender. Add the cherry tomatoes, sherry and tomato paste. Bring to the boil and then simmer gently for 25 mins, until thickened.
Push the prawns into the sauce, cook for 2 mins. Turn them and cook for 1-2 mins or until they’re pink all over. Season and sprinkle with parsley leaves for serving. Serve with chunks of bread.
Top tip for making Spanish-style prawns
Making this dish for a dinner party? Add other shell fish such as mussels to feed more.