Try making these delicious homemade stuffed pittas – and you’ll never go to the local takeaway again!
- For the lamb balls:
- 500g (1lb) minced lamb1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 level tsp ground cumin
- 2 level tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and ground black pepper
- For the yogurt dressing:
- 2-3 level tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 200ml carton natural Greek yogurt
- To serve:
- 8 small pitta breads, warmed
- Shredded lettuce
Set the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C.
To make the lamb balls: Tip the lamb into a bowl, add rest of ingredients and mix together well. Divide mixture into 24. Shape into balls and place on a baking sheet.
Bake the lamb balls in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they are an even golden colour. Remove them from the oven and turn them out on to absorbent kitchen paper to drain them.
While the lamb balls are cooking, make the dressing by stirring the chopped mint into the yogurt.
Split the pitta breads open and place some lettuce into each. Top with 3 lamb balls and spoon over some of the dressing. Serve immediately.
These can be prepared a day in advance, up to the end of step 2. Cover with cling film and keep in the fridge until ready to cook.