These potato cakes are easy to make and are guaranteed to get your tongue tingling!
- 30ml (2tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10ml (2tsp) mild curry paste
- 900g (2lb) potatoes, peeled, mashed and cooled
- 100g (4oz) each frozen peas and sweetcorn kernels, thawed
- 45ml (3tbsp) fresh chopped coriander
- 30ml (2tbsp) flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 75g (3oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
- Oil for shallow-frying
- 275g (10oz) tiger prawns
Heat half the sunflower oil in a frying pan and cook the onion for 5 mins. Stir in the curry paste and
cook for 1 min. Mix into the mashed potato with the peas, sweetcorn and 30ml (2tbsp) of the coriander.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Shape into 8 round potato cakes. Dust each with flour then dip into beaten egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
Shallow-fry the potato cakes in hot oil for 2-3 mins on each side until golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
Heat the rest of the sunflower oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the prawns with the remaining coriander.
Serve with the potato cakes.