Follow our step-by-step method to make this filling spring vegetable soup recipe.
This homemade spring vegetable soup is so easy to make at home. This deliciously nutritious veg soup recipe captures the freshness and flavour of spring seasonal veg in a heartwarmingly scrumptious bowl of goodness. With carrots, leeks, celery and new potatoes, this healthy low-fat dish definitely counts towards your 5-a-day and serves four people. Enjoy with warm crusty bread slathered in butter for a lovely light meal. This soup takes 15 mins to prep and 20 mins to cook. This recipe serves 4 people but if you’re feeding lots of people you could just double all the ingredients. Love a good homemade soup? We’ve got loads more delicious soup recipes right here!
- 1 litre hot vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 100g Chantenay or baby carrots, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- 4 baby leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 250g baby new potatoes, quartered
- 100g fresh or frozen peas
- 3-4 heads baby pak choi or spring greens
- About 12 mint leaves
To make your vegetable soup bring the stock to the boil in a large pan. Add the onion, carrots, celery, leeks and garlic. Return to the boil, then add the potatoes. Simmer for 12-15 mins, until just tender.
Add the peas, then put the pak choi on top, so it’s just below the level of the stock, and simmer for another 5 mins.
Spoon into warm bowls and garnish with the mint, roughly chopped.
Top tip for making Homemade spring vegetable soup
If in a hurry, use stock cubes or powder stock and make 1 litre with boiling water.