If you love fish – try it Chinese style. The ginger really gives it that oriental twist which makes it both smell and taste delicious.
- 450g (1lb) loin of cod
- 125ml (4fl oz) chicken stock
- 40g (1.5oz) light buttery spread
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 7.5cm (3 inch) piece root ginger, half grated and half finely minced
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or Chinese rice wine
- 3 pak choi, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons light sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 bunch spring onions, cut into julienne strips
- Fresh coriander
Place fish in a bowl, pour over the stock and dot with light buttery spread, garlic and the grated ginger.
Place in a steamer, cover and steam for 5-6 minutes.
Add the sherry and pak choi and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Place the pak choi onto 4 serving plates and top with the fish. Sprinkle the sugar over the cooking liquor and pour over the fish.
Drizzle with soy sauce and sesame oil and garnish with the spring onions, remaining ginger and coriander.