Ready in 35 minutes this sticky roast chicken salad is perfect for lunch or a light dinner and the protein in the chicken will leave you feeling full for ages.
- For the sticky chicken:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2tbsp sweet chilli dipping sauce
- For the dressing:
- 3 medium red chillis, deseeded & finely chopped
- 2 tbsp nam pla (fish sauce)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1tsp sugar
- Small handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- For the salad:
- 1 large carrot, cut into fine matchsticks
- 6 shallots, finely sliced
- ½ Chinese lettuce, finely shredded
Rub the chicken with the sweet chilli sauce and roast in the oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 20-25 minutes until cooked through and crisp and sticky on the outside.
Whilst the chicken is cooking make the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a large bowl.
Add the salad ingredients to the dressing and toss well.
When the chicken is cooked, slice finely and toss with the salad. Serve immediately. If you want to serve this as a cold salad, slice the chicken and leave to cool completely before adding to the salad.
This salad will be great cold in lunchboxes the next day, so cook up extra the night before