For a quick and easy summer dessert look no further than these fresh and tasty stacked strawberry, shortbread and mascarpone treats. They’re also perfect for an afternoon snack when the kids get home from school.
- 200g mascarpone
- 1tbsp double cream
- 1/2 vanilla pod, seeds removed
- 1tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 200g-250g fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced horizontally
- Zest of 1/2 small lemon or orange
- 1 x small pack of shortbread rounds
Add the lemon or orange zest to the strawberries and carefully stir this through.
In a bowl, mix together the mascarpone, cream, vanilla seeds and icing sugar.
Place 6 shortbread rounds on a board and arrange a layer of sliced strawberries on top. Then using a teaspoon divide the mascarpone cream between each one, followed by another layer of strawberries.
Finish with another shortbread round and a dusting of icing sugar.
You can dip the strawberries in chocolate before you place them between the shortbreads if you want.