A hearty, sugary dessert with a nutty macadamia flavour. A perfect end to a summer meal, served with cold cream.
- 700g (1lb 9oz) strawberries
- 140g (5oz) unrefined demerara sugar
- 115g (4oz) plain wholemeal flour
- 85g (3oz) butter
- 1tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 100g (3 1/2oz) macadamia nuts
- 50g (1 3/4oz) rolled porridge oats
- To serve
- Clotted cream or custard
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Place the strawberries in a 20cm (8 in) x 25cm (10 in) ovenproof dish and sprinkle over 30g (1oz) of the demerara sugar.
In a food processor whiz together the flour, remaining sugar and butter until combined.
Add the pepper, nuts and oats and pulse until the nuts are roughly chopped.
Tip the crumble mix over the strawberries, spread out evenly and press down. Use a fork to loosen the top a little and bake in the oven for 35 mins until golden. Serve with clotted cream or custard.
Top tip for making Strawberry oat crumble
Add more sugar to the strawberries if they are not that sweet.