Absolutely everyone will love this soft, sweet dessert. It's deliciously light and great for dinner parties
- 1 x 400g packet digestive biscuits or Hob Nobs200g (7oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 500g (1lb 2oz) strawberries, hulled
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
- 4 leaves gelatine, softened in cold water (or use 4 level tsp powdered)
- 250ml (9fl oz) Greek yogurt
- 1 x 284ml pot double cream
- You will need:
- 23cm (9in) loose-bottomed springform cake tin
Crush the biscuits in a blender, add the melted butter and mix well. Press the biscuit mixture into the base of the springform tin.
Place the strawberries and lemon juice in a blender and purée until smooth. Gently heat the purée and sugar in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat. Squeeze the excess water from the soaked gelatine leaves and add them to the strawberry mixture. Stir well until dissolved, then cool.
When cold, whisk in the yogurt. Whip the cream until thick and fold into the strawberry mixture. Pour over the biscuit base and chill in the fridge for 6 hrs or overnight until set. Serve with a spoonful of Greek yogurt and strawberries.
Top tip for making Strawberry yogurt mousse cake
You can make this cake well in advance for parties and family gatherings - then just keep it in the fridge until it's needed.